Even if the cold still reaches the toes these days, it’s almost here: summer! Those kids are excited but, of course, they’ll need something to do during the long, hot days. No need to cross the bridge, though. There are a lot of great summer camps here in Brunswick County.
Summer Camps in Leland and Brunswick County 2018:
- Leland Cultural Arts Center’s Camp Create is for the artist in your house. This all-day camp introduces campers to various art forms, with a field trip on Wednesdays.
- Brunswick Community College’s YES Camps (YES stands for “Youth Explorations for Summer”) are diverse and varied in topic, with a lot for kids interested in STEM activities.
- Magnolia Greens will offer a golf camp throughout the summer through the Gordon Golf Academy. Foster their love of this sport while they are young!
- YMCA at Lifepoint is a new exciting addition for parents: a new camp where the YMCA has entered Leland!
- King Tiger Tae Kwon Do offers a different theme to campers each week, so your martial arts expert will never be bored.
- Seidokan Dojo not only offers karate classes for summer campers but also fun experiences such as bowling, skating, swimming and disc golf.
- Coastal Dance Academy offers dance classes throughout the summer in a special summer session.
- Camp Brunswick hasn’t released their schedule just yet, but it is sure to be a winner with the kids. This year the program is new, a cooperation between Brunswick Parks & Rec, Town of Shallotte, and the 4H.
- Wonderland Farm offers a horseback riding camp, a must for the child in your life who can’t get enough of those gorgeous horses.
- Coastal Day School offers eight themed weeks of camps for the little ones, complete with field trips and special guests!
Whatever you choose, the child in your life will be sure to enjoy the North Carolina summers.